Friday 19 November 2010

you've always been a failure, but now you're bearing strange new fruits

well golly, i've spent the last hour cutting out pictures from magazines and sticking them on my walls, and listening to the dresden dolls. i'm 14 again.
tonight i voyage out into the bititing northern cold to see mungo's hi-fi. i don't like reggae, or dub-step, so i don't know why, but heck. i need a reason to wear my black velvet dress that makes me feel like an iceskater, i think that's probably it. teaming that with a big fur coat may keep me warm, so there's a chance i won't die of hypothermia.
it's only five weeks to christmas though. jesus. literally. i haven't bought any presents except my mum's. i bought her a crocheted moomin that i've had to go to great lengths to hide from myself in case i fall more in love with it and eventually cannot be parted. i might just go and buy another one in all fairness, £16 for a crocheted moomin is £16 well spent in my eyes.
it's almost that elusive time again, when i dye my roots. i honestly do let them get extravagantly long purely because i'm so lazy. they get to about 3 inches, then i put my foot down and dye them. it takes anything from 2 to 3 months, but then i have proper hair again. i've ordered the dye off ebay again (directions - flamingo pink) so as soon as it arrives, it's bleach blitz.


more importantly, as it is actually the point of this blog, i submitted a poem to a creative writing competition, and here it is:

Said Wretched Crow to Starving Wolf,

‘Imagine, my friend, if we ruled the world.’

‘Imagine us, just we two, roaming as we pleased,

Caring for no other, ambling and casting our rule over the land,

Flying over river and sea, consuming all that came across our paths.’

Padding gently, Starving Wolf thought quietly to himself.

A crimson desert moon soaked him in red light,

And he seemed to bloodily shine.

‘Perhaps,’ he said quietly,

‘Our places were given to us in consideration of our temperaments.’

Wretched Crow puzzled awhile,

And floated in the hot night air.

‘Explain yourself, friend. Your hesitance for greater things confuses me’

‘Could greatness be achieved by things so carnivorous as we?’ asked Starving Wolf

‘A terrible reign we’d have, you and I.’

Said Wretched Crow lustily in a drawling caw.

‘Feasting as we pleased, pulling seeping eyes from sockets,

Rending flesh and muscle from bone. No longer skulking in darkness.

Shouldn’t you care to reign with me?’

‘A world found in blood and teeth disturbs my countenance.

Solitary, I was meant to be, as are you.

Casting a furious wrath on the world would not suit us,

Especially you, who hovers above bodies and lives on death.

We weren’t meant for power, only loneliness and decay.’

Damp breezes licked the fur and feathers of the two,

And flies hummed tunefully by the dirt.

‘I see you are not meant for greater things, friend’ said Wretched Crow.

‘But never mind. I’ll find another companion with whom to share my dream.

I shall fly onwards and upwards,

Leaving you in my wake to think on my words.

What a world we could have made,

Where we were kings.

I should have liked it, so very much.’

Wretched Crow swept away, loose greasy feathers raining behind him,

Showering Starving Wolf, who walked ever onwards.

He sighed, and forever he shall walk alone beneath the moon,

In a desert devoid of friend or love,

As Wretched Crow hungrily drums the barren earth,

Wanting some flesh to share with a friend.

now it's off to shower, get dressed and draw on my eyebrows.

1 comment:

  1. Came back to blogspot recently, and the first place I looked for was this one. Boy am I glad you didn't stop posting.

    ReplyDelete