Sunday 28 November 2010

all by myself

having spent every sunday since july working at hmv, i particularly enjoy sunday evenings. previous to the working, sundays were my favourite day of the week. they're like a day that doesn't really count, where time passes slowly and there's no pressure. it's a great, great day. unfortunately it is the only day i am contracted to work seven and a half hours a week. with a great sigh every week, i trudge my way in at ten and trudge my way out at six. it's shit.
my sunday evenings are this very important to me, as they are the only scrap of the day i salvage. sunday evening is my oasis in a crowded, noisy world, and i use it to my advantage. oh yes, my favourite things all happen: tidying, the dishes, baths, doing work for monday, lazing, the gilmore girls, nail polishing, eating wagon wheels and drinking earl grey, writing these blogs etc etc. the glorious shenanigans i get up to are great. as of tonight, i have gotten straight into bed, browsed the internet, polished my nails ( barry m. mint green), eaten a wagon wheel, and am watching the gilmore girls. it's going pretty darn well so far. soon, i will descend into a lavender smelling bubbly bath and read my latest cluster of books, maybe with incense (cranberry) and candles. depending on how luxuriant i am feeling.
i dyed my hair flamingo pink once more, to much glowing review. the people have spoken, and they speak in favour of flamingo pink. here it is in the top along with my nose:



















pig is being a librarian with my tatty devine glasses necklace. i find myself endlessly hilarious.
i think i'm going to go and get more tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment